On a bluff overlooking the confluence of the Okanogan and Columbia Rivers, a historic marker remembers Fort Okanogan, which was built by Astor's fur traders in 1811, taken by the British Northwest Company in 1812, then occupied by Hudson's Bay Company until 1860. The fort was used for trade with fur trappers, Native Americans, settlers, and gold miners. A broadly branching willow, turning brown in November, stands nearby. November, 2018.
November 26th, 2018
Viewed 224 Times - Last Visitor from High Wycombe, B9 - United Kingdom on 12/03/2022 at 9:26 PM